March 21, 2012

Jury Panel-First 3 Looks on Models

Today was the first step in the Jury selection process for choosing which designer's collections get to go to NYC in May. We had to present our first 3 full looks on models with all the accesories and hair and makeup completley done. We had 10 mintutes to talk about our inspiration, design process, collection, fabrics, and styling choices in front of a panel of about 10 individuals. It was terrifying and I was so nervous. But, seeing my 3 completed looks on my models with my dream shoes (tan mary jane, round toe pumps) on, their makeup and hair done exactly as I had envisioned (a low loose ponytail with a clean/fresh face: natural lip gloss, slight blush cheeck, and cat eyes), and the scarves I had designed and printed on, really made me so proud and I truly felt so accomplished. I am so happy with the work I have done for my collection so far and cannot wait to finish! This upbeat attitude made the jury process less intimidating; it's always better when you can really stand behind what you've created. I received some wonderful and positive feedback and a few fit suggestions. Overall, It was a happy midway crit...and on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment