REBECCA H. ZOLER
120 Sibley Ave. Apt. 105
Ardmore, PA 19003
Obtain a full-time position in the fashion industry.
· Senior, Syracuse University, majoring in Fashion Design. Dean’s List: Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011. Cumulative GPA: 3.4. Anticipated graduation in May 2012 with a BFA in Fashion Design.
· Lower Merion High School (Ardmore, PA), graduated June 2008; Honor Roll all 4 years; Honors Art for 3 years
INTERNSHIPS AND EMPLOYMENT
· Sales Associate at Cameo Water Wear, Haverford, PA, June-August 2011
Worked in sales at this bathing suit boutique. Responsibilities included opening and closing the store, assisting women with finding the right sizes and styles of bathing suits, making sure the racks and merchandise stayed organized, working at the cash register and completing sales, and overall, helping to make sure the store ran smoothly.
· Intern, Seventeen Magazine, New York City, June 1-August 13, 2010
Worked in the Fashion Closet at Seventeen Magazine. Attended market appointments for new jewelry and fabric lines, helped on photo shoots, went scouting for “real girls, helped write a blog, went on pick-ups to various PR and design companies, and helped keep the closet organized.
· Intern, Jill Stuart, Fall/Spring Fashion Week, New York City, Sept. 9-11 and February 13-14, 2010
Worked at the offices of Jill Stuart for 2 days before her show. Helped with model fittings, created model boards, sewed trims and buttons on garments, ran errands, and put together gift bags. On the day of the show, helped by getting all the looks pressed and ready and helping backstage.
· Intern, Fall/Spring Fashion Week, New York City, Sept. 11-13, 2009 and February 13-14, 2010
Worked at shows of Zang Toi and Lela Rose (Bryant Park). Helped both designers backstage by dressing models and by making sure that outfits and accessories were ready for the shows, looks fit the models, and gift bags were put together. Also worked at Lela Rose show again in Bryant Park tent on February 14; helped backstage.
· Scholarship to London Fashion Week, February 17-24, 2011
Received a scholarship from Syracuse University to travel to and stay in London for Spring Fashion Week. Attended various fashion shows, toured various design houses and tailoring shops, and became familiar with the London fashion culture.
· Fashion & Beauty Milestone experience, Syracuse University
Enrolled in this by-invitation minor that educates fashion design majors in various aspects of the public presentation of fashion. This multidisciplinary program is run jointly by the Department of Fashion Design and the Newhouse School of Communications. As part of this program, I have taken courses in Web design, fashion video, and fashion journalism.
· FADS (Fashion Design Students), Syracuse University
Member of this Fashion Design club since freshman year. Members put together fashion shows and learn about the Fashion Industry. My looks have been selected for the fashion shows.
· Orange Pulse Dance Troupe, Syracuse University
Member of this dance club since freshman year. Taken studios in advanced jazz, advanced ballet, and modern dance. Danced in the annual showcase performances; helped with fundraising and costume designs.
Pattern making and draping; tracing and cutting patterns.
Fashion drawing and creating patterns based on my original designs.
Using CAD to create patterns; creating Flats by hand and with Illustrator.
Using industrial sewing machines, sergers, button-hole machines, knitting machines, and irons.
Sewing basic seams including zigzag, flat, french; also basting and gathering.
Applying pockets, zippers, and buttons. Have used muslin, silk, denim, suede, mesh, and knits.
Painting designs on silk scarves; making textiles on a knitting machine, weaving textiles on a loom.
Drawing with colored pencils, markers, and pastels. Painting with acrylic, oil, and watercolor paints.
Experienced with PC and Apple computers; experienced in Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, and iMovie.